This was Zachary's question as the boys and I loaded up for a quick trip to my campus. Today was the first day the building was open since June. I had some stuff at home that I wanted/needed to take to my classroom so it was field trip day for the boys. They were great "help" unloading the car, holding open the door, riding on the flatbed cart. Of course they charmed everyone in the office! :) Then the moment came that I wasn't prepared for...at least not emotionally.
He's not old enough for kindergarten yet but he is going to an all day 3 & 4 year old academy that my school district is opening this year. It's only for teacher's kids. He'll be at a different campus than mine, but he'll have the same calendar and hours as I have. Daniel's not old enough so he'll be at a different daycare. As we drove away, I told Zachary that we could go visit his school.
We drove to his campus and he hopped out of the car like he knew the place. Daniel and I were behind him and as I watched him open the front doors of the school, I felt a little lump in my throat. He looked so small walking into such a big building. I wanted to scoop him up and hold him but he was much too excited. He kept saying "this is MY school mommy." Yes, this is your school. He met the principal (who is a good friend of mine). We didn't get to walk around but we will before the first day.
On the drive home, God and I had a little visit. I reminded Him (like He needed it!) that my sweet little Zachary has a huge heart and a sensitive spirit....don't let him get hurt. He has a huge desire to do well and to succeed...please let his teacher love him like I do. As we finished our conversation my heart cried out to Him...okay Lord, I'm giving my sweet boy to You again. He's in your hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment