Things have been a little quiet in our neck of the bloggy world. It's just been one of those weeks when I've not had many minutes to myself. We've been busy with getting back into the swing of things after being out of town last weekend. I started teaching a 2 week writing workshop and the boys have been hanging out with their friend Jonathan. We've all played and worked hard all week so today we just did nothing. It was great!
Okay...so this didn't get posted yesterday. Today has been a great day too. Worship today was awesome! The Lord met us today and I love every minute of it. We went to lunch with my mom at my FAVORITE place...Chili's! (Sorry, Charity....I know you love it too!) The boys are sleeping right now so that we can go swimming this afternoon. It's a fabulously HOT day in Texas so swimming sounds about right. I'm waiting for both boys to grow gills with the amount of swimming their doing. They're both getting very dark skin and Daniel's blond hair is getting brighter and brighter.
One of the things I'm loving the most about being home with them this summer is to see Zachary's sense of humor develop. He's been watching Toy Story lately and it is so fun to see him crack up at the jokes. He thinks Mr. Potato Head is the funniest. If you haven't seen Toy Story 2...find some time to watch it. It's funny! Zachary repeated one of the jokes to my mom while we were at lunch and he cracked himself up. We were laughing because he was so tickled. I'm sure everyone thought we were all a little weird.
Daniel is starting to potty train. He spent the morning in "big boy underwear" and he had 2 accidents. Ugh...this is not fun. Zachary was SO easy to potty train. He LITERALLY decided that he didn't want pull ups anymore and that was it. He spent 1 week in a pull up at night and that was it. Daniel...not so much! I'm sure there are more fun days ahead!
I guess that's it. We're anxiously counting down the days until Granddad gets home. We'll see him in 2 weeks. Yeah! He will be SHOCKED to see how much the boys have grown. I can't wait for him to have the chance to bond with them.
1 comment:
oh man, the potty training!!! Marc is adament that Bailey start learning and I'm like, "Sure, you stay home and change smeared poo poo and tee tee all day, no problem!" HA. :)
Post a Comment