I always had grand ideas of what it would be like to stay home with my kids. I had visions of arts and crafts, homemade snacks, play dates, smiling children and a happy husband that is excited to see a warm home cooked meal....oh wait...that was an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" that I saw on Nick at Nite! Right...in the real world it's 11:30 before everyone is dressed, fed and ready to walk out the door to go to the bank and grocery store. In the real world, we moms don't go to the local branch of the bank that's only 3-4 miles away....no....we drive 20 minutes away to go through a branch of the bank that has a drive-through so that we don't have to get the kids out of their car seats unless absolutely necessary.
So for our first day at home with Mom...it's 2:00 and everyone is just now in bed for a nap and I hear the couch calling for me. Everyone is fed, potty-ed, changed and hopefully sleeping deeply for the next 2 hours. As for that warm, home cooked meal...how does spaghetti from a jar sound?
1 comment:
Amen sister!
Post a Comment