Monday, November 29, 2010

The halls have been decked...

We were very lazy this past holiday weekend and loved every minute of it.  We watched movies, played on the computer, snuggled by a fire, ate lots of yummy treats and just enjoyed each others company.  My heart was overflowing with thanksgiving for my sweet family.  I don't remember a time that I have been more content and at peace with my three guys.  True contentment.

We did get our house decorated yesterday.  The boys are much more involved in the decorating this year.  They are beginning to remember certain ornaments and where some of the decorations are supposed to go.  Their favorite is the Little People Nativity.  They have played with it for the past 3 years.  It is something that only comes out at Christmas so it's always very special.  Last night they were playing and I started to really listen to them.  They were interacting with each of the figures and tell each other where everyone should stand.  Daniel was helping the Angel fly around and Zachary was setting up the shephards and Wise Men.  So cute...they have been listening.
We had a little photo shoot as well.  My mom gets all the grandkids new pajamas at Christmas.  It's always so cute and something that they all look forward to.  I couldn't resist getting the camera out and snapping away.  I am very aware that there will come a day when they won't be as quick and eager to smile for Mama with the cute pajamas on! Ha!!  I thought it would be fun to see how everyone has grown over the years.  Check back tomorrow for Christmas 2010 photo!!!

Christmas 2007
Christmas 2008
Christmas 2009


1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

We have the same Little People nativity set! My kids LOVE it and I love not worrying about them breaking the wings off an angel. :D