Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Irresitable faces


I don't know how anyone could look at these faces and not just melt! I know you are probably wondering why I have my boys dressed in Christmas sweaters in November in 80 degree weather. Today was Holiday Picture Day at daycare. We sent them in all their cuteness hoping for some really great pictures. I couldn't resist the camera before they left...it just melts my heart!

I know it's been hit and miss lately with our posting but it's not from any lack of desire. It's been a very stressful few weeks around here. We are in the thick of finishing our adoption stuff and some days it seems like it will never end. Please pray for speed and for LOTS of red tape to be cleared. We REALLY want a December adoption. There is nothing more that I want for Christmas than to celebrate our new family and have two new birth certificates for our boys!

I have been home today with a stomach bug (I will not share details!) and had a few moments of feeling sorry for myself. I was laying on the couch thinking about missing work, a dirty house, needing to go grocery shopping, etc. Right about then Sean came home with the boys. They all came in and were very happy to see Mommy. My sweet, wonderful, amazing husband took care of afternoon snack time and playtime. He was even brave enough to get out the playdough! For anyone with a 2 and 3 year old you know that is a challenge to manage! He then loaded them back in the car and took them to get dinner. After they came home and ate, he gave them their bath. I laid on the couch and listened to my sweet boys laugh and giggle with their daddy. Zachary will be the first one to tell you that "daddy is funny!" Daniel thinks Sean is a human jungle gym and the funniest man alive! I finally couldn't stand it anymore and stood at the bathroom door and just watched my boys delight in their dad.

Right then it hit me...how much more does my Heavenly Father want my to delight in Him? I have so much to be thankful for and when was the last time I just stopped and delighted in who He is? He has done amazing things in my life and in the life of my family and I forget to delight in my Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the reminder...

Here are a few more pictures of my boys enjoying their Pawpaw's birthday. We are so blessed!

Helping Nana with the birthday cake candle

Maybe just a little taste and no one will see me...Don't touch...it's not time to eat it yet! :)Daniel and Pawpaw...I love this picture!Thank you Lord for the blessings in my life!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

O my goodness, are they ever cute!! And are you ever blessed with a good man! (Just like me.) = )