Monday, June 6, 2011

it went too fast...

Zachary and Daniel,

I wish I could tell you all that is in my mind and heart right now.  Over the past few days I have been trying to find a way to tell you how proud of you your daddy and I are right now.  Nothing in this world has brought us more joy than being your and Daniel's mommy and daddy.  I think back to all the years we spent asking God to bless us with a baby and He knew all along that you and Daniel were the people that we were supposed to be parents to.  Watching you boys grow and change continues to bring a smile to my face.  It seems like just a few days ago that these sweet little boys sat in my lap.   

Mommy and Zachary

Daniel and Mommy
The days and minutes flew by and you guys are now ready for 1st grade and kindergarten.  I watch you and I see little men inside you.  Your hearts continue to search for truth.  Your minds are always working and the questions are never ending.  We see you trying to figure out how to manage relationships with your family and friends.  The greatest joy is seeing you search for God's truth.  You love to sing and pray with your daddy.  Our prayer is that one day very soon you will ask Jesus into your hearts. 

The next few years are going to go so quickly.  Your daddy and I want you to know a few things.  First, we want you to know that there is nothing you could do that would stop us from loving you.  You are a precious gift from God.  As much as we love you, your Heavenly Father loves you even more.  Nothing can separate you from the Father's love.  He has mighty plans for you.  Your little life is a testimony of mercy and redemption and we are honored to be a part of that story.  Secondly, we want you to know that the world can be a difficult place.  Sometimes people say and do things that are unkind.  As you journey further into the world and interact with people, always remember that our home is your safe place.  We will always be here to love you, support you, comfort you and guide you.  There will be times when you have questions that we won't have the answers to.  But you can be assured that we will join together, get on our knees and seek the answers out together.   


Know that we love you and can't wait to see what the Lord brings this next year. 

Much love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: