Four years ago today I became a mother. It was something that I had prayed for, cried over and agonized through. Yet when it happened it surpassed all my wildest dreams and greatest expectations. I should have learned my lesson years ago. God has revealed His mighty hand so many times in my life. I have seen Him provide protection when desperately needed. He has been a hand of comfort in the deepest pain. His Glory has penetrated the darkest nights. Bringing my children to me at just the right time should have been an easy one to see. Yet, there were years of deep, soul piercing sorrow as I watched friend after friend receive the blessing of motherhood.
But God knew better. He knew that my sons were going to need a mother who knew that life isn't always easy. He knew that my sons needed a father who could testify to the power of mercy and grace...being a man after God's heart isn't easy but always rewarding. My God knew that my sons needed parents who had walked through fire and unspeakable trials and came through victorious. God knew that my sons needed to see forgiveness in action and restoration of relationship. God knew better than we...He always does.
Tonight I hugged and held my sweet boys a little closer...and swallowed the tears. I am still in awe of how God molded our lives together. I am still in awe that I have the priviledge of being their mother. I am in awe the amount of love I have for two little boys. I will always be in awe that my God loved me enough to NOT give my what I wanted but only what He had always planned.
Happy Gotcha Day, Zachary and Daniel!
1 comment:
I love it! I feel your pain and your joy! Seeing how God put your forvere family together has been such a great encouragement to me this past year while he has been knitting our forver family together! Thanks, Lendy for your prayers and the encouragement from a similar experience!
Post a Comment