Saturday, January 30, 2010

I know I'm a mother of boys...

All my life I knew I wanted to be a mother with a house full of boys. I don't have a lot of patience for "girl drama". I get my fill of it as a 4th grade teacher. Having boys in my house makes my heart very full and content.

Until they do things that make me shake my head and question many things...

Question #1 - since when did my garden bathtub become a car wash? This is the one place that I can go and escape with a good book ( or Us Weekly magazine) and soak my troubles away. Last night, I was fishing out the mountain of Hot Wheels...

Question #2 - what stream of thought causes a little boy to decide to stick a straw in his nose and try to suck the chocolate milk up it?


i'm just saying...girls don't do that!

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

he he he...

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Being a boy's mom is never dull!! I love it!

When Will was just starting to walk my pediatrician (who is also the father of 2 boys slightly older than my Will & Ben) told me something I've never forgotten.

A girl will do something dumb, get hurt and say "I won't do that again!" But a boy will do something dumb, get hurt and say "That can't possibly happen again!" And do the same dumb thing all over.

Now that I'm in my 6+ year of raising a boy I couldn't agree more!! And the bruises on Sam (15 months) from falling off my kitchen chairs are more evidence of the truth. :)