No excuses...well, actually there are but they aren't really any good. I can safely say that the biggest excuse of all is just laziness. For the past 2 weeks, I have been chasing my tail from morning to night. Between, school, church, home and 2 very active little boys, it's been a crazy time. Here's a little recap:
1. My birthday - it was on April 19th and usually I LOVE birthdays. I love getting cards and having fun meals with my family. We did the family meal thing on the 17th and while I was sitting at the table I could feel the head cold coming. My throat was hurting, head was pounding and every muscle in my body hurt. By the time I got home, I was in tears. This was not what I asked for on my birthday. The best gift that Sean gave me was time in bed. He kept the boys busy so I could sleep and get well. It is the WORST time of year to miss school. I did get a wonderful birthday breakfast with cards and roses from my 3 favorite men! :)
2. School - I won't dwell too long here. This week was our yearly standardized tests that bring a HUGE amount of stress and anxiety. We took our tests this week and now we are in the end of year countdown. :) Only five weeks to go...yeah!
3. Church - I have been doing the best Bible study this spring. I just finished Beth Moore's study on Esther. The Lord spoke to me in SO many ways. I could write several blogs just about the study. I loved being in the Word and I got to meet some more people at church. It was a great time. If you have a chance to study Esther with Beth Moore...do it!
4. My boys...what can I say? They are at a wonderful age and we are having a great time. They definitely keep up humble and on bended knees when it comes to discipline and instruction but more times than not, they have us laughing! We are coming up the 2 year mark of when we became a family. We will celebrate "Gotcha Day" on June 9th. It's hard to believe that they have spent almost half their lives with us! That's a wonderful feeling. I have many things to say about my boys and the things they are teaching me, but I'll save it for later.
That's the short summary of the past few months. I am committing to be a much better blogger. We have some fun ideas for this summer. I can't wait to be home again with my boys. There will lots of time for play, laughing and swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment