
I am so sorry it's taken me a week to get pictures of Daniel's party posted. I do not have as much computer time as I did in the summer. The theme of the party was a construction zone. We were at my parents house and decorated with dump trucks, caution tape, and balloons. The cake idea came from FamilyFun.com and it was the highlight of the party! It was the easiest birthday cake ever. It was fun to see Daniel get into everything. Big brother Zachary had a little trouble remembering that it was his birthday or his presents to open. His birthday is in 4 weeks! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

This was Daniel's cake. We already had the dump truck at home. First I lined the bed of the truck with saran wrap. Then I made a chocolate cake and cut it into 2 inch squares. Next I made two boxes of instant chocolate pudding and put that on top of the cake. Finally topped it off with crushed chocolate stuffed Oreos. It looked just like a bed of dirt in the truck! The candle was the final touch. I was pretty proud of myself... :)

"hmmm, I don't remember this stuff in the back of my truck when it was at home. And I certainly want to put my hands in all of it!"

This face says it all....the party was perfect!
4 comments:
Those are fabulous pictures. Looks like you all had a fun time. And that cake idea is BRILLIANT!! Hmm...I've got a 3 yer old party to plan for Feb. I might have to steal that idea. = )
Lendy! That cake is a GREAT idea! I wonder if Cerys would like one for her 3rd, perhaps I could put a Belle or Sleeping Beauty on top! :) hehehe
You did a great job, the cake and decorations are precious and it looks like he loved it!
For those who read the comments, you should know that this cake is most excellent for adults as well. I'm thinking it would be pretty good for my next birthday.
Love the cake idea.
My kids are turning 11 and 10 this October. We are having 22 kids come over, which I'll be posting pictures of that too!
With that many kids I might need to buy a fleet of those trucks LOL
Jillian
Post a Comment