
I decided to enter into the 21st century and join the blog community. I have several friends that maintain a blog and it is great to read about what is going on in their lives. With all the goings and comings with Sean and I, I hope this will be an easy way to keep up with us.
This biggest thing that has happened in our lives lately is the progression of our desire to adopt. For those of you who may have missed the news, Sean and I have been licensed as foster parents with the intent and hope to adopt two little boys. We have been through months of waiting and on April 4th, the biological parents relinquished their parental rights to the boys. For security purposes, we will call the boys "S" and "T". We are currently in the middle of a 30 day waiting period before any placement decision will be made. We are still being told that we are unofficially the choice for placement. The 30 day period ends May 9th. We don't know how soon after May 9th the placement meeting will take place.
To be quite honest, this is probably the hardest thing we've ever done. We are so ready to bring the boys into our home permanently. We are having to battle all sorts of anxiety. There is a very strong bond between the boys and Sean and I. I catch myself thinking about what I would do or feel if they are not placed with us. I quickly pull myself back from that thinking. God has done so many miraculous things that I have to believe that He will continue to bring us together as a family.
1 comment:
Woohoo! Welcome to Bloggityville Nicholsons! So gald you are up and running now, we will keep checking in on you! ;)
Post a Comment