Monday, June 14, 2010

My alabaster box

The past few months have been intense.  I have finished a school year, signed my oldest up for kindergarten, watched my youngest receive special education services, and tried to manage a home and marriage.  Whew.  I have sat and cried over my failures and allowed Satan free wreign over the deep parts of my heart.  I was reflecting yesterday on all that has taken place over the past few months and the Lord brought a very real message to my heart.  Even as I have struggled and try to push MY way through situations, He has never waivered.  He has been constant, strong, stable.  I have asked Him many times during the difficult days of my marriage "why".  Why have we been allowed to walk this road?  The only answer I have gotten is so that He can receive the glory for the outcome.  My life is supposed to be a testimony to His grace and love.  If I don't allow myself to walk through the hard days and let the Lord do what He needs to do, then I am doing nothing but silence the testimony of His work. 

I've always loved this song by CeCe Winans but after the season that the Lord and I have walked, it means so much more.  I pray it blesses you today as it has me.






I can’t forget the way
Life used to be
I was the prisoner to the
Sin that had me bound
I spend my day pouring
My life without measure.
Into a little treasure box
I thought I found.

Until the day when
Jesus came to me
And healed my soul with
The wonder of His touch.
So now I giving back
To him all the praise
He’s worthy of,
I’ve been forgiven and
That’s why I love
Him so much.

And I’ve come to pour
My praise on Him
Like oil from Mary’s
Alabaster Box
Don’t be angry if I wash
His feet with my tears
And I dry them
With my hair, my hair.

You weren’t there the
Jesus found me.
You did not feel what I
Felt when He wrapped
His loving arms around me
you don’t know the
Cost of the oil in my
Alabaster Box.

No comments: