Saturday, June 30, 2007

Will the rain EVER stop?

Okay...I have to whine for just a minute. The first day or so of rain was nice. It's not every year that we get rain in Texas during the month of June. The temperatures being in the mid-80's was nice too. By day 10...I've had enough! (I know there is no sympathy coming from my friends in Wales! :) The boys are stir crazy and this mom is just about out of her mind when we are all in the house all day on a Saturday. Okay...whining is finished.

Speaking of rain...it did bring an interesting visitor to our house. Wednesday night I was watching the news and one of the stories was about how wild animals and snakes have been showing up in people's houses and yards due to all the water. Of course the simple thought of there being anything that slithers anywhere near my house nearly drove me mad. I checked the boys room several times. I went to sleep that night convincing myself that we were perfectly safe. The next day I was home cleaning and doing laundry. I didn't leave the house until Sean got home with the boys later in the afternoon. I went through the garage to meet them at the car. I picked up Zachary and headed to the front door. Zachary's next comment caught my attention. "Mommy, look that big rock." I turn around and there sitting about 6 inches from my welcome mate was the biggest snapping turtle I have ever seen! Hello Mr. Turtle!
Of course the next trick was to keep the boys away from it and hope that
he wanders home. Zachary and Daniel were totally fascinated by it.
I checked on the turtle several times and he finally wandered home at about 9 pm. I guess he was ready for something quiet...he'd been talked to quite loudly by two little boys all afternoon! :)


That's our adventure for the week. It's not high drama but it's as exciting as it
gets around here these days! :) Here are a few pictures from this week. Enjoy! Building with blocks at Nana and Papaw's house. Zachary and Daniel love Uncle Tuck! (my brother) Making cookies with Mommy, Zachary and Daniel...no they are not homemade!
Playing with bubbles at Nana and Pawpaw's house....any day is a good day when there are bubbles involved! :)

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

A snapping turtle on your front porch! Thats's one for the books! Glad no one got hurt. I love the pictures at your parent's house! If it's still raining when I get back in town, maybe we can take the boys to play at Chick-fil-a or something.
Shanna

Marc and Charity said...

Hey! I feel your pain about the rain, when will it ever end?!? Not anytime soon for us anyway!

Love the pics, everyone looks happy!

Liz said...

your boys are so beautiful! Congrats on parenthood!